OUR MUSEUM IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME....ENJOY OUR WEB SITE INSTEAD!
We are located at 33280 Lodge Rd, Tollhouse, CA 93667. We are just east of Sierra High School. One mile east of State Highway 168, at the Bottom of the "Four Lanes". An easy short drive to many discoveries!
" A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. "
A SLIDE SHOW OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS
FIVE BUILDINGS OF ARTIFACTS
HISTORY FROM 1865
AUTHENTIC (THE ORIGINAL!) AND
HISTORIC SCHOOL BUILDING
RECREATIONS OF TIME PAST
EXTENSIVE HISTORY OF SIERRA HIGH SCHOOL
Since 1896 the waters of the San Joaquin River has been used to electrify the area from Fresno County and South, to Los Angeles. These projects are managed today by Pacific Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison.
The first power plant was on the lower San Joaquin River, between Auberry and North Fork, utilizing the then known North Fork of the San Joaquin. Now known as Willow Creek, it flows into Bass Lake and then to the powerhouse through a series of flumes to 1500 feet above the powerhouse where it goes from pen stock (large pipe) into the powerhouse.
Take a little time looking at our photographs of schools that are long lost. From the first school in Fresno County to Sierra High School today!
Copyright © 2020 Eastern Fresno County Historical Society - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder